At Scoresby Village Childcare centre our philosophy is guided by the concepts “belonging, being & becoming”, the new Early Years framework and the National Quality Framework. In relation to the children we believe that:
- Children are unique individuals with their own strengths and interests
- All children will be treated equally and their cultural backgrounds are respected by all staff.
- All children will be cared for in a relaxed, comfortable and safe environment by all staff.
- We as the educators have the responsibility to care for each and every one of the children and their families coming into the child care.
- Children learn through play, children learn new things everyday at their own pace, we as educators will guide them through play and plan appropriate experience which meets all the children strengths, interests and needs along the way.
- Children learn best when they are interested, as educators we will be giving all children choices and letting them explore experiences individually and socially through play.
Our child care recognises the 5 learning outcomes for children through the Early Years learning framework:
- Learning outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity.
- Learning outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Learning outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Learning outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
- Learning outcome 5: Children are effective communicators.
Children’s development is important to us as educators as we are learning alongside children whilst observing them closely.
Relation to families:
All families should be made to feel comfortable and welcomed into Scoresby Village childcare centre
Our staff builds a strong relationship with families to work alongside them in helping with their child’s/children’s development.
Relation to staff at Scoresby Village childcare centre:
All members of our team work together to achieve the best service for children and their families
Our team respects each other and everyone is treated equally, (there is no number one in team)